If You Need a New Marriage Certificate

Here you can read about how to acquire a new marriage certificate.

If you were married in the municipality of Copenhagen you can get a new marriage certificate by contacting the Wedding Office at Copenhagen City Hall. The processing time may vary, but is usually up to three weeks.

Please note that if you were married in a different municipality or a church you must contact the relevant authorities there.

You can write an e-mail providing the following information:

  • Your names on the day of the wedding
  • Your dates of birth
  • The year and date of your wedding
  • Whether you would like a Danish or international version (issued in Danish, English, German, French and Spanish)
  • The address to which you would like the certificate to be sent

You can send the e-mail to Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.

Please note

  • If you are requesting the certificate on behalf of someone else we would either need a power of attorney from one of the persons on the marriage certificate, stating that the certificate can be sent to a third party, OR
  • The certificate can be sent directly to one of the persons mentioned on the marriage certificate.
  • The service is free of charge, but if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised, you can find information here.

The marriage certificate will be sent to you by regular post.