Guidelines for City Hall weddings during the covid-19 pandemic
Copenhagen City Hall is once again open for all from 2 August.
- There is no limit on how many guests, you may bring.
- You do not need to show a negative test, proof of vaccine etc. (such as the Danish Corona Passport) to enter City Hall.
- It is optional to wear a mask at City Hall.
As we have introduced extra safety measures, delays may occur on the day. We thank you for your understanding.
Do you or your partner not have a CPR number?
All persons who do not have a CPR number in Denmark or any of the Nordic countries must present their passport/national ID (and residence permit/visa, if relevant) in person at Copenhagen City Hall - one workday before the ceremony, if possible. You can present the documents from Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 15:00 in the shop by the main entrance.
Special initiatives and guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19 at Copenhagen City Hall
We want you to have the best experience possible, and it is very important to the Wedding Office that both you, your guests and others present feel safe.
The Wedding Office has introduced the following initiatives:
- The registrar and the official witnesses will keep a distance to you during the ceremony.
- The registrar will not shake your hand.
- The registrar will not wear a mask.
- You can sign your marriage papers with new pens, which you can keep afterwards.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for everyone.
- We make sure that the couple before you has left the Wedding Hall before it is your turn.
What you can do
We hope that both you and your guests will help us by following the advice and the Danish Health Authorities’ general recommendations below:
- Keep a distance to other couples.
- Cough and sneeze in your sleeve.
- Use the hand sanitiser accessible in the Wedding Hall.
Are you travelling from abroad?
If you are travelling to Denmark from abroad, please note that it is your own responsibility to verify beforehand if you will be allowed to cross the Danish borders.
If you have any questions about entering Denmark, please contact the Danish police.
How to reschedule your appointment
If you know that you will be unable to attend a ceremony that you booked, we apologise for the inconvenience and kindly ask you to cancel your appointment. This can be done by following the link in the email you received as an automatic confirmation of your booking. Naturally, you are welcome to make a new booking in the future. You can find the link to our booking system in the letter you received when your application was approved by either The Agency of Family Law or the Wedding Office.
If your case was processed by The Agency of Family Law, you can contact them with any possible questions regarding the validity of your marriage licence, renewals etc.