You have a wedding appointment at Copenhagen City Hall in the period from 1 August
Copenhagen City Hall (the Great Hall and the garden) will once again be open for all from 2 August.
The is no limit on the number op people allowed to gather indoors in general in Denmark for this period, but the limit on the number of people allowed to gather in a room pr. square metres is still effective. Therefore, you can only bring a smaller amount of guests to City Hall.
We will update this website if any new regulations require us to change the guidelines above. We recommend that you visit this website in the days leading up to your wedding.
Due to the current restrictions, we kindly ask you to follow the guidelines below:
- You are welcome to bring up to 54 guests, photographer and children of all ages included.
- Please only arrive 5 minutes before your appointment.
Pleas also note:
- You do not need to show a negative test, proof of vaccine etc. (such as the Danish Corona Passport) to enter City Hall.
- It is optional to wear a mask at City Hall for you and your guests.
As we have introduced extra safety measures, delays may occur on the day. We thank you for your understanding.
Do you or your partner not have a CPR number?
We ask all persons who do not have a CPR number in Denmark or any of the Nordic countries to please present their original documents – passport (and visa, if relevant) - in person at Copenhagen City Hall one workday before the ceremony at the latest. You can present your documents from Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 15:00 in the shop by the main entrance.
Special initiatives and guidelines to limit the spread of COVID-19 at Copenhagen City Hall
We want you to have the best experience possible, and it is very important to the Wedding Office that both you, your guests and others present feel safe.
The Wedding Office has introduced the following initiatives:
- The registrar and the official witnesses will keep a distance to you during the ceremony.
- The registrar will not shake your hand.
- The registrar will not wear a mask.
- You can sign your marriage papers with new pens, which you can keep afterwards.
- Hand sanitiser will be available for everyone.
- We make sure that the couple before you has left the Wedding Hall before it is your turn.
What you can do
We hope that both you and your guests will help us by following the advice and the Danish Health Authorities’ general recommendations below:
- Keep a distance to other couples.
- Cough and sneeze in your sleeve.
- Use the hand sanitiser accessible in the Wedding Hall.
Are you travelling from abroad?
If you are travelling to Denmark from abroad, please note that it is your own responsibility to verify beforehand if you will be allowed to cross the Danish borders.
Find up-to-date information about the coronavirus situation in Denmark and how it affects you as a visitor in Denmark on the website of the Danish police in English here. If you have any questions about entering Denmark, please contact the Danish police.
How to reschedule your appointment
If you know that you will be unable to attend a ceremony that you booked, we apologise for the inconvenience and kindly ask you to cancel your appointment. This can be done by following the link in the email you received as an automatic confirmation of your booking. Naturally, you are welcome to make a new booking in the future. You can find the link to our booking system in the letter you received from either The Agency of Family Law or from The Wedding Office when your application was approved.
If your case was processed by The Agency of Family Law, you can contact them with any possible questions regarding the validity of your marriage licence, extensions etc. Read about your options to extend your approval from the Agency of Family Law here.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to welcoming you at Copenhagen City Hall another time.
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us by phone on (+45) 3366 3366 Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between 10:00 and 12:00, by e-mail at email@example.com or by Secure Mail through this link (requires a Danish NemID).
We look forward to seeing you.